1) Cumulonimbus cloud, which is nothing but an extremely dense, vertically developed charged with electricity causes Thunderstorm and lightning.
2) The upper portion is positively charged and the middle and lower portions are charged negatively. Discharges takes place between clouds when electricity voltage is large causes lightning.
3) Rumbles(long rolling sound) of thunder occurs when the electric current in the lightning discharge produces a large amount of heat. This results in the rapid expansion of the local air.
4) Lighting will have an high impact where Thunder won't do. Hence, it is pretty important to be aware of lightning instead of thunder.
5) 1,800 thunderstorms are taking place all around the world at any time. Which means 16 million a year.
6) Thunderstorms generates lightening always away from the raining areas.
7) It will be predicted that lightning and thunder occur at the same time. However, light travels much faster than sound, owing to this, people usually feel lightning before thunder.
8) By having the time difference between flash and thunder, the distance of the thunderstorm can be calculated.
9) During spring and summer months, thunderstorms will occur.
10) Sea breezes, mountains can help in lifting the air to generate thunderstorms.