1) Guernica is Grey, black and white, 3.5 meters (11 ft) tall and 7.8 meters (25.6 ft) wide, a mural-size canvas painted in oil.
2) The overall scene is within a room where, at an open end on the left, a wide-eyed bull stands over a woman grieving over a dead child in her arms.
3) The center is occupied by a horse falling in agony as it had just been run through by a spear or javelin
4) It is important to note that the large gaping wound in the horse's side is a major focus of the painting.
5) There are two hidden images, A human skull overlays the horse's body and A bull appears to gore the horse from underneath.
6) The bull's tail forms the image of a flame with smoke rising from it, seemingly appearing in a window created by the lighter shade of gray surrounding it.
7) Under the horse is a dead, apparently dismembered soldier; his hand on a severed arm still grasps a shattered sword from which a flower grows.
8) A bird, possibly a dove, stands on a shelf behind the bull in panic.
9) On the far right, a figure with arms raised in terror is entrapped by fire from above and below.
10) A dark wall with an open door defines the right end of the mural.